It is easy for parents to make judgments about our teens and why they do what they do. Step back with this talk and listen to what really influences your teen and how they are being an influence.
How Do I Use This Talk?
- Sit close together and face each other.
- Choose who will respond first and the other person will listen.
- Begin the talk. The person responding should do so out loud.
- Advance through Talk at your own pace. If you can’t think of the answer right away, think about it for awhile and answer when you are ready.
- When finished, reverse roles or choose another Talk.
Check Out Our Core Parent Teen Talks
We offer an entire series of TALKS that we created with the sole purpose of opening up meaningful communication between you and your teen or teens. This series includes 20 talks on subjects such as friends of the opposite gender, high school, risky behaviors, and dating.See the Core Parent & Teen Talks